Election 2006 – My Platform Campaign Page
- Self-ownership and property rights. Greater personal and economic liberty.
- Repeal victimless “crimes”. Police and courts should be focused on crimes of violence, theft and fraud.
- Restitution. Criminals should have to compensate their victims.
- End drug prohibition which enriches criminals and leads to violence.
- No to social engineering. No to government taking over the responsibility of families with child care subsidies.
- Oppose restrictions on freedom of expression. Preserve and enhance basic Charter freedoms.
- Preserve civil liberties, due process rights and habeas corpus.
- Humane treatment of all prisoners. Canada should take a stand against the abuse of detainees.
- End foreign interventionism. Strengthen the military, but only for defence.
- Non-aggression. Say no to the bombing of civilians and their homes.
- Canada should be militarily and politically independent.
- Stop the growth of government surveillance which threatens individual rights and liberties.
- End government domination of our lives through regulations, taxes, subsidies and fiat currency.
- Oppose Kyoto and let Canadians make their own decisions about climate change propaganda.
- Human needs first. Enhance property rights and say no to environmental central planning.
- Peace and genuine free trade with the world.
. . .
Authorized by the Official Agent for Alan Mercer