Update: October 11, 2015
Comments and additional information on these and other parties is welcome.
List of Documents (so far)
- Conservative Party: Conservative Party Platform: Our Conservative Plan to Protect the Economy (pdf) Also: 2014 Conservative Party policies
- Bloc Quebecois: Bloc Quebecois Website
- Green Party: Green Party platform 2015 Platform PDF: Building a Canada that Works Together
- Liberal Party: Liberal Party platform and Backgrounders on policies and Detailed PDF RealChange
- NDP: NDP Plan NDP Full Platform (pdf)
I don’t plan to vote and I don’t have any party to recommend. Maybe there are good candidates running here and there. I don’t know yet.
As far as I’m concerned, it’s normal politics for people to be put in a bind. For example, I would agree with the NDP about the TPP, but I couldn’t support them because of their position on carbon taxes and probably many other policies.
There are very important things going on that governments are engaged in, and I think it’s a good idea for people to challenge all candidates (and officials and media and other members of the public) about these things so that maybe a few candidates will develop a conscience and act like real people who think for themselves.
Some real issues:
TPP trade deal just signed (not to mention the European one being negotiated).
Ongoing NATO wars. Bombing of a hospital in Afghanistan for example. Syria, Iraq. Propaganda. Torture.
Police state laws passed since 9/11 (and before) such as Bill C-51. Civil liberties.
Carbon Taxes and “climate change”.
United Nations Agenda 21 and 2030 in general. Property rights vs. central planning.