Continued from Part 3
We discussed how to find some of the local contact info and identify local candidates in Part 1.
Also there is a complete list of all confirmed candidates here.
Here is information on Confirmed Local Candidates from Party websites–won’t include Independent candidates. I was wrong: all the registered parties have confirmed candidates somewhere, which makes sense since they would have put the effort into being registered.
I have included comments when there are significant statements I notice concerning rights and freedoms, and totalitarian measures, and also with respect to humanity-affirming values
- Animal Protection Party Candidates
- Bloc Québécois Candidates
- Canada’s Fourth Front Candidates (https://fourthfront.ca/candidates/)
- Canadian Nationalist Party
- Centrist Party Candidates
- Christian Heritage Party Candidates
- Communist Party Candidates (not main site)
- Conservative Party Candidates
- Parti Libre / Free Party Candidates
- Green Party Candidates (https://www.greenparty.ca/en/candidates)
- Liberal Party Candidates
- Libertarian Party Candidates
- Marijuana Party Candidates
- Marxist-Leninist Party Candidates
- Maverick Party Candidates (https://www.maverickparty.ca/candidates)
- National Citizens Alliance Candidates
- New Democratic Party Candidates
- Parti Patriote Candidates
- Parti pour l’Indépendance du Québec Candidates
- Parti Rhinocéros Party Candidates
- People’s Party Candidates
- Veterans Coalition Party
The Platforms of the Parties with confirmed candidates:
- Animal Protection Party Platform
“A healthy vegan diet” is an oxymoron in my opinion.
- Bloc Québécois Platform. Seem like standard COVID policy emphasis on vaccines and masks, etc.
- Canada’s Fourth Front Platform (https://fourthfront.ca/platform/)
- Canadian Nationalist Party
- Centrist Party Platform
- Christian Heritage Party Platform
They are a small party. I like their policies on rights and freedoms. I like their policies on respect for human life and family. Euthanasia policies, for example, and allowing children to be gender-modified are significant Brave New World attacks on our society’s values.
- Communist Party Platform (not main site)
- Conservative Party Plan – discussed already in Part 3 – PDF
- Parti Libre / Free Party Program
- Green Party Platform
- Liberal Party Platform
- Libertarian Party Platform
The Libertarians (my old party) maintain an almost predictable confusion (could be surprising to some)–except I am sure many of them disagree with their policy. They are almost on the right track but then they say say it’s OK for private companies to impose vaccine passports. No, it’s not OK. Actually the World Economic Forum is a group of private companies–also allied with the United Nations–who have decided a long time ago that “public private partnership” is the way to go, which means private interests will dominate governments and enslave the world. I don’t think libertarians understand the nature of the system they living in. So much for ideologies. The concept of property rights should not be about imposing slavery on others. It would take a whole lot of discussion to sort this out:
The Libertarian Party of Canada strongly opposes any form of government coercion regarding vaccines or any government interference in the affairs of private companies in that regard or any other for that matter. However, the Party is a defender of private property rights and acknowledges that private companies ought to be able to set whatever rules they wish in running their affairs.
- Marijuana Party Policies
- Marxist-Leninist Party Program
- Maverick Party Policy Platform
- National Citizens Alliance Platform
- New Democratic Party Platform
- Parti Patriote Platform
- Parti pour l’Indépendance du Québec Platform
- Parti Rhinocéros Party Platform
- People’s Party Platform
Under COVID POLICY:
The unprecedented government response to the covid-19 pandemic has had massively negative repercussions on Canadians’ physical and mental health, economic well-being, as well as their rights and freedoms.
The standard approach to pandemic management had always been to protect the vulnerable and allow the rest of the healthy population to go about their regular lives while building herd immunity. Lockdowns of entire populations were never part of any pre-covid pandemic planning.
This experiment was largely ineffective in reducing the spread of the virus, but caused significant collateral damage. The vast majority of covid victims were elderly patients with comorbidities in nursing homes that governments failed to protect. Lockdown measures will cause even more deaths in the longer term due to stress-related illnesses, depression, postponement of surgeries, drug overdose, suicide, domestic violence, etc.
Governments don’t want to admit that they were wrong and are imposing increasingly authoritarian measures on the population, including vaccine passports. Both the vaccinated and the unvaccinated will suffer under a regime of segregation, constant control, and surveillance. It is illusory to believe that the virus can be eradicated. We have to learn to live with it, without destroying our way of life in the process.
Lockdowns, mask mandates, school closures, and other authoritarian sanitary measures have not had any noticeable effect on the course of the pandemic. Regions or countries that implemented strict measures have been as impacted as those that did not.
Both the vaccinated and the unvaccinated can get infected and transmit the virus, which negates the rationale for segregation and vaccine passports.
Section 1 of Canada’s Charter of Rights and Freedoms states that reasonable limits to our rights and freedoms can only be imposed if it has been demonstrated that they are justified in a free and democratic society. Such a demonstration has not been made for covid restrictions, most of which are arguably unconstitutional.
Although most of the measures in response to the covid pandemic have been implemented by provincial governments, Ottawa has an important coordinating role to play at the national level and can influence provincial policies. The federal public health agency coordinates policies with provincial agencies. Ottawa also encouraged and supported lockdown policies through the transfer of tens of billions of dollars in financial aid to provinces and territories.
A People’s Party government will:
- Promote a rational and scientifically based approach to the pandemic that focuses on the protection of the most vulnerable, guarantees the freedom of Canadians to make decisions based on informed consent, and rejects coercion and discrimination.
- Fire the Chief Public Health Officer of Canada Theresa Tam and replace her with someone who will work with provincial agencies to implement a rational approach to the pandemic, instead of following the recommendations of the World Health Organization.
- Repeal vaccine mandates and regular testing for federal civil servants and workers in federally regulated industries.
- Repeal vaccine passports for travellers.
- Oppose vaccine mandates, vaccine passports, and other authoritarian measures imposed by provincial governments, and support individuals and groups that challenge such measures in court.
- Support emergency provincial measures to protect the most vulnerable, but stop bailing out provinces that impose economically destructive lockdowns.
- Support medical research and development of therapies to treat covid-19 and other viral diseases.
- Veterans Coalition Party Platform.
1. The VCP will protect and defend all Canadians rights under the Canadian Constitution, Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
The VCP believes deeply in the protection of Canadians from Governmental overreach, Government abuses, and Government threats, intimidation and attacks on Canadian freedoms.
Good on carbon taxes also.