Update: February 25, 2022
Good news: Trudeau revoked the Emergencies Act on February 23 thankfully.
I think this might have been due to the extent of opposition in the Senate–and from many provinces–and from the Canadian public.
Update: February 22, 2022
Bad news: The House of Commons voted to confirm the Emergencies Act yesterday February 21 (extend for 30 days). See https://www.nationalreview.com/news/canadian-parliament-votes-to-extend-emergencies-act-for-30-days/#slide-1.
But we are going to hold on to our rights and freedoms anyway, thanks very much, and we’re not giving up. We’re going to push back and keep informing others.
On the positive side, it looks like the Senate is debating it starting today (they discussed it briefly on Monday also): https://www.sencanada.ca/en/content/sen/chamber/441/debates/018db_2022-02-21-e#18
There is time to contact Senators. You can use this tool to contact many of them quickly or you can use the email addresses (see links below). Also fill out the petitions below if you haven’t already. From what I’ve seen before, a couple of them are members of the Trilateral Commission so no doubt at least some are on board with the agenda. I think many of them are going to be solidly against the Emergencies Act invocation.
Also email all of them this way: https://sencanada.ca/en/contact-information/
Also you should contact the Governor General (see below for the email address) and ask for a change in government.
In my opinion, this Act (originally called the War Measures Act earlier in the 20th century) and similar provincial Acts which provinces like Ontario used for COVID were set up in advance years ago by the oligarchy as part of the planned Fabian / Brave New World agenda. A book I am currently studying called The Aquarian Conspiracy was published in 1980 and basically confirms the intent to take power (like The New World Order or The Open Conspiracy by H. G. Wells). Another book you can read is A Brief History of the Future by Jacques Attali, written in 2006.
I think, however, that this Great Reset agenda is insane–it will cause a lot of misery–but it won’t get very far at all, as a good portion of humanity will resist it and so will nature which we’re a part of and nature’s Creator. Most of the build up to this agenda has been embedded into the culture through media technologies to give a sense of inevitability as a form of psychological warfare–by a wealthy elite. We need to be aware of what damage is being done now–already– and what plans are on the table, and we need to inform others and do what we can to stop all of it. Honestly, people shouldn’t give up on each other. They should get back to talking to each other again (many will listen, not everybody) and start rebuilding and salvaging things now in advance. It’s going to be a long haul.
You can use the methods below in order to contact MPs (before they finish debating perhaps) and Senators also and other officials.
Here is another petition to revoke the emergency orders: https://www.rebelnews.com/petition_to_rescind_emergency_orders. Please fill out.
To send a message to your MP and multiple Senators quickly, it is convenient to use this.
See other ways to contact MPs and Senators below.
Another petition (see others below).
Updates: February 18, 2022:
1. As per the following announcement, the House of Commons did not finish the debate on Thursday night re. the Emergencies Act confirmation – https://ourcommons.ca/DocumentViewer/en/44-1/house/sitting-33/journals – that debate was adjourned. Then today Friday, they cancelled the planned session in the Commons https://ourcommons.ca/Content/Newsroom/Articles/News-Speaker-No-Sitting-18-02-2022-e.pdf. Excuse: “police operation.” That also means the Senate is not debating it yet (as was intended for today Friday February 18).
2. The “up” side to this anti-democratic move is that we have more time to contact officials of all stripes – our Members of Parliament–and other MPS–before their debate is finished (hopefully it does resume), and more time to contact more Senators and tell them what we think (their debate would come after the Commons debate is completed hypothetically).
3. The most efficient tool to use–which will reach your own MP and selected Senators–is this one (A.3 below).
First of all, we will always have our God-given rights and freedoms FOREVER and we will ASSERT our rights and freedoms in law also–whether spelled out in the Charter of Rights and Freedoms or in the Bill of Rights or in various international laws.
There is much opposition to this invocation of the Emergencies Act.
To me, it’s predictable. This global dictatorship started setting itself up in early 2020 with its COVID-19 declarations. It is having more and more trouble holding on to public opinion in Canada and worldwide.
We will continue to inform people of the truth and our numbers will continue to grow. That’s my approach to all this. I don’t have confidence in these officials listening to reason–most of them. Some of of them seem to have a conscience somewhere. Some Liberal MPs have broken ranks.
But I think most of them do tend to listen to numbers even if they don’t obey the numbers. The public should speak out and push them to do what is right. Make your voice heard. And keep making your voice heard beyond this — to all kinds of officials and to all walks of life — for the rest of your life.
The House of Commons is debating right now tonight (and I assume they vote tonight) the “Statutory Order: Motion for confirmation of the declaration of emergency.” There seem to be some dramatic moments in the debate.
The live video is here
The schedule says: Thursday, Feb 17, 2022. 10:00 – 23:59 which maybe implies the vote will be held at midnight. (This link is currently active on the main page www.ourcommons.ca/en).
- Emergencies Act
- Canada’s Emergencies Act Backgrounder from the Department of Justice Canada.
- Government news release from Public Safety Canada: Federal Government declares a public order emergency under the Emergencies Act to end disruptions, blockades and the occupation of the city of Ottawa This has the rationalizations from the executive branch of the Canadian government.
- CTV News | February 16, 2020 Conservatives not backing Emergencies Act, MPs to debate motion Thursday
- Federal Members of Parliament (MPs) https://www.ourcommons.ca/Members/en/search
- Federal Senators: https://sencanada.ca/en/contact-information/
Here is a list of emails for Senators I received (I don’t think it’s complete – the link may be better)
- Your provincial MPPs or MLAs also. For Ontario: https://www.ola.org/en/members/current/contact-information
- I put together some contact information here: https://canadianliberty.com/about-covid-19-policies-contact-canadian-politicians-and-other-officials/ (some of the MP email addresses may be out of date). I have included websites for every province / territory also.
- I am going to try using Twitter also.
A.1 Contact all Senators because they are scheduled to debate the confirmation tomorrow, Friday February 18, 2022 and tell them to vote against these authoritarian measures:
A.2 Here is a petition you can sign directed to the Senate of Canada:
VOTE AGAINST THE MOTION FOR CONFIRMATION OF A DECLARATION OF EMERGENCY!
PETITION TO THE SENATE OF CANADA:
• on or about February 14, 2022, the Justin Trudeau Cabinet declared a public welfare emergency pursuant to the Emergencies Act (hereinafter the “Declaration of Emergency”);
• the legal pre-conditions for the Declaration of Emergency are not met;
• the factual pre-conditions for the Declaration of Emergency are not met;
• to maintain the Declaration of Emergency, a motion for confirmation of the Declaration of Emergency is required to pass both the House of Commons and Canada’s Senate;
• it is anticipated that a motion for confirmation of the Declaration of Emergency will pass the House of Commons;
We, the undersigned, citizens and residents of Canada, call upon the Senate of Canada to vote against a motion for confirmation of a Declaration of Emergency when such motion is brought before the Senate.
B. If you have time now before the vote ends this evening, Thursday February 17, try contacting your federal MP at least and others–especially members of the NDP and Liberals, and urge them to withdraw support from the Liberal government and its authoritarian measures.
C. Contact provincial politicians and tell them to oppose these measures being applied in your province.
D. Contact the Governor General also: email@example.com
I have modified a suggested message others have sent:
To Her Excellency, Mary Simon, the Governor General of Canada:
In light of his invocation of the Emergencies Act especially, I wish to express my non-confidence in Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and request that you exercise your constitutional duties in regard to safeguarding Canadian democracy.
Our current Prime Minister is not working in the best interest of Canadians. The policies invoked by Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s Liberal government violate the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. His hate-filled speeches have alienated millions of Canadians.