monitoring public confidence in immunisation programmes
. . . This project seeks to address these unmet needs and monitor public confidence in immunisation programs by listening for early signals of public distrust and questioning and providing risk analysis and guidance to engage the public early and pre-empting potential program disruptions.
Measuring vaccine confidence: analysis of data obtained by a media surveillance system used to analyse public concerns about vaccines
Dr Heidi J Larson PhD,David MD Smith DPhil,Pauline Paterson PhD,Melissa Cumming MS,Elisabeth Eckersberger MPA,Clark C Freifeld MS,Isaac Ghinai BSc,Caitlin Jarrett MPH,Louisa Paushter MPH,John S Brownstein PhD,Prof Lawrence C Madoff MD
The Lancet Infectious Diseases – 13 May 2013
Background: The intensity, spread, and effects of public opinion about vaccines are growing as new modes of communication speed up information sharing, contributing to vaccine hesitancy, refusals, and disease outbreaks. We aimed to develop a new application of existing surveillance systems to detect and characterise early signs of vaccine issues. We also aimed to develop a typology of concerns and a way to assess the priority of each concern. . . .
. . . Funding: Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
It’s a matter of tuning the propaganda and pressure in different situations in response to negative “beliefs”.
The main author also has an article published on the Chatham House web site. Chatham House is the Royal Institute of International Affairs–or CFR in America–the oligarchy’s top think-tank: The Measles Story: A Wake Up Call?
Dr Heidi J Larson, Associate Fellow, Centre on Global Health Security
. . . When a disease is not evident, the sentiment is often, ‘why take even the smallest risk posed by a vaccine?’ And even in countries where polio is still endemic, yet far less visible – Afghanistan, Pakistan and Nigeria – many have questioned why the repeated rounds of polio vaccine are needed when there are other more visibly pressing issues such as clean water and sanitation. . . .
Responses to points in this article:
Wakefield was not actually debunked–except in mainstream media la-la land, which promotes all sorts of garbage information and criminal activity by governments.
People have actually challenged the effectiveness of MMR vaccine and not only the safety.
Why are they administering the polio vaccine over and over and over if it does any good?
Bill Gates gave a speech in which he talked about population reduction. Isn’t this a conflict of interest that he is funding this project (he funds mainstream media also)?
In this case also, you get to see how these private institutions have set themselves up as managers for the entire planet.
- Adverse reactions to shingles vaccine: many comments. You can find the reports at government adverse event reporting sites, but these special “concerned” companies are protected from lawsuits
- Response to TVO Agenda’s wide-spectrum propaganda attack on the “anti-science” public. Examples include narcolepsy with H1N1 flu vaccine. Aren’t we allowed to make the choice of avoiding narcolepsy?
- In addition to narcolepsy, do we have the right to avoid the risk of Guillain-Barré syndrome and other paralyzing nervous system disorders because of the H1N1 flu vaccine?
- How to find the official product inserts on government web sites and read them–with documented adverse reactions? Why don’t you get people to read these first as part of your compliance monitoring–if it’s all about “BELIEFS”. Is it “science” or is it COMPLIANCE and bullying?
- Why does Bill Gates mention vaccines in his population reduction talk? What’s his problem? Is he winning our “confidence” this way?
- Vaccines–even more concerns–more and more all the time